Weather isn’t climate. However, the day that Al Gore landed (to be paid $300,000+ for a presentation), it snowed in Queensland. First snow there in four years. It makes it timely to consider his predictions 2007 ‘An Inconvenient Truth’ and consider how accurate his predictions have been such as:
(1) An ice-free Arctic by 2012 (no significant change – ice volume growing)
(2) Polar bear extinctions (they’re still alive)
(3) Massive Flooding in China and India (floods are an issue, but always have been)
(4) Europe in a the grip of a new ice age (no…)
(5) Sea levels rising (accurate, but no change from long-term trend)
(6) Increased tornadoes (2019 has seen a high number of tornadoes, but this is not a long-term trend).
The list could go on, but it’s not worth it. Al Gore is flying his carbon-polluting planes all over the world while living in his Pacific Ocean-side mansion that needs a small fortune in electricity to fund (as well as his other home in Nashville). His net worth has increased from an estimated $2M to $200M while he’s been on the public speaking tour.
But hey – why let facts get in the way of a good story!